Stone powder is a general term for stone powder. In the process of mining stone and processing machine-made sand, some small scraps are produced. It was often treated as waste in the past. With the continuous development of science and technology, it can be used after sorting, but stone powder can replace sand. Do you make concrete?
What is the difference between stone powder and machine-made sand?
- The difference between machine-made sand and stone powder
- Size: The particle size of machine-made sand is mostly 0.25-0.5 mm, the size is in line with the national construction sand standard, and the gradation is reasonable. The general term for the aggregate under the sieve of the 2.36 mm or 4.75 mm sieve.
- Shape: The main difference between stone chips and machine-made sand is that the content of powdery particles and the content of needle-like particles are relatively large, and the compressive strength of the stone is also different.
- Grain shape: The stone powder has not undergone targeted processing. Its surface is rougher than sand, has sharp edges and corners, and contains more stone powder with a particle size of less than 0.16 mm. The first type of machine-made sand has a uniform particle size and good particle shape.
Therefore, the stone powder cannot be used to completely replace sand to make concrete. It can only be replaced when it has been processed or is not demanding.
Can stone powder be used for concrete instead of sand?
Stone powder cannot be used to completely replace sand to make concrete, but can only be replaced within a certain range.
The content of stone powder has a great influence on its performance. The technical requirements for the content of stone powder for the preparation of various grades of concrete are specified in the “Machine Sand for Cement Concrete of Highway Engineering”. Within a certain range, the workability of the concrete mixture varies with the content of the stone powder. The 28d standard compressive strength of concrete can also reach a more ideal state. However, the more stone powder is not the better, for example, for C30 concrete, the content of stone powder is 10-15%. For C50 concrete, the content of stone powder is 10-15%. For concrete, the stone powder content is 5-10%.
- For machine-made sand with poor gradation, the stone powder can significantly increase its bulk density, thereby improving its gradation.
- Stone powder can promote the end time of the induction period and acceleration period of cement concrete hydration to advance, and it has an enhanced effect on cement hydration.
- Stone powder can replace the role of cement to a certain extent, refine the internal aperture of concrete to a certain extent, improve the overall performance of concrete, and affect the working performance and strength of cement concrete.
What equipment is used to process stone powder?
After the stone powder is processed, it has a wide range of uses, and it is ubiquitous in our lives, such as glass, plastic, refractory materials, cosmetics, rubber, construction, etc., and there is natural profit, but what equipment is used to process stone powder? At present, there are commonly used equipment such as impact sand-making machines and Raymond mills, which can meet the needs of processing plants of different scales.
Different types of stone powder processing equipment have slight differences in the use of raw materials, manufacturing processes, performance, etc. There are also many models, and the prices are different. So which one needs to be selected depends on the actual production, while focusing on the overall performance and production capacity. In order to choose handy equipment.